Wednesday, January 28, 2009

What have we been up to?

We have news!!!! The twins wear big boy underwear now!!!!! This has been quite the experience potty training two boys at once. Besides their bathroom smelling like pee all the time, their aim has gotten better, and after drilling it into them, they have to wash their hands EVERY time!! EEW gross! I must say I love how boys can go anywhere, anytime. For instance, I pulled over the other day on the way home. It was near an orchard, no cars, perfect! He went! I couldn't believe it. I have learned where every bathroom is in target, lowes, the grocery store etc. They always have to go right when we get there! Ughh, but I love taking them, because yeah no more diapers!!! Well, sort of. As they are following in their sisters footsteps, they grab a diaper to go #2, then run and hide! So, 2 diapers a day is better than 6! If you have any suggestions for getting them to go on the toilet for #2, let me know. Until then, wohoo, my boys are getting big!

4 comments:

kelly said...

my boys have had many a potty break right in the parking lot, they also only need to go right in the middle of grocery shopping, so right when you get there isn't bad. As for the poops, try offering them some kind of reward for going in the toilet.

Brenna said...

Wow, huge milestone there April! Isn't the #2 thing the fathers responsibility??? Come on Jake teach those boys how to be REAL men!
M&M's, gummy bears, and sticker charts work well too!

Sarah said...

Is it not so crazy how different kids are! Meg had a hard time with the pee but not the #2. My little sister has a little saying to your kids, it goes like... Drop the kids off at the pool and let them go down the slide. So the poop is the kids and then get them excited about the flushing part by telling them their going down a slide. Any way you can try it and let me know if it works.

THE MACDONALDS said...

I know this about boys. I was at the do it yourself car wash in San Ramon getting tokens to wash my car and when I got back, Colby was so excited to show me his special 'pool' in front of my car. Unfortunately he peed facing oncoming traffic so everyone got a little 'Colby show'. I was mad but laughing at the same time trying to explain to him that we don't do that.