Monday, August 24, 2009

Lake Nacimiento & a 1st grader!!





So, we ended our summer with a trip to Lake Nacimiento, which is near Paso Robles. We love it there! This is the lake I fell in love with my husband even more! We would take lake trips all the time at this lake in College and it is always a good time! We went with Weir and Amanda who are expecting a baby girl in January! The kids did great, being this was their 1st time tubing and being on a boat for 5+ hours! Weir introduced us to surfing behind the boat! "skurf"! So fun! I of course couldn't let go of the rope, but Jacob did awesome! Ellie got knocked off the tube once. Yeah that was pretty much the end of her tubing days for this year. Pics to come. The boys loved holding the flag up when someone fell and sitting at the tip of the boat like the "captain". I think Weir and Amanda are a little scared to have a child now! ha! Just kidding. After spending 2 days on the lake with us and our 3 kids! You never know what might happen:

-James eating it on his scooter down a hill, denting his helmet.
-Stayed up till midnight watching the new Hannah Montana movie. Ellie asked to rewind every part!
-Ellie telling everyone she didn't get a good night sleep because her Dad was "tooting"
-Kids staying up way past their bed times
-Kids having growing pains during the night
-Feeding the deer, and then letting the dogs out of the gate, scaring them away! Aughh!
-Sitting on the golf cart wishing and hoping one of those buttons would make it go!
-Crying, laughing, giggling, cheering, chasing, Chill out!!

Needless to say they were excited to end our summer with the lake.

Now we have a 1st grader!!! Ellie had her first day of school today and she did great. Me, not so much. I thought school ended at 3:15, no 3:00. Oops! I really hope this is not a theme this year! My goal is to not be late...as much. It is a bad habit and I guess casually late doesn't count in school. The brothers and me had a great day together. I never had 2 kids, but I really liked it. We were all happy to see Ellie at 3:07.

4 comments:

Rochel said...

Looks like a fun trip! My family used to go camping there ALL the time when I was a kid, then we bought one of the houses there...soooo fun, great memories for your kids!

Aaron Smith said...

Looks like tons of fun. Miss Ellie is so grown up, what a cutie. Hope we can meet up soon.

Love you!!

Sarah

Unknown said...

DARLING PICTURES AND I LOVE THE MUSIC!! SEE YOU SOON, LOVE MOM

Leisa Waldron said...

April you look Hot wake boarding!