Monday, October 26, 2009

Football games, reading, Jay comes




My brother Jason came to town for the weekend! Ellie had her primary program at church and my parents and Jay came over for it! Ellie did awesome! She had 3 sentences to read with big words and read it so well! Her reading has really taken off. As you can see she reads to the brothers all the time. It is nice because then I can just sit back and watch! I am glad she is enjoying reading. We have been busy this month so not much posting. I was sick for a good week with pneumonia!!! Well that's what they say it was but I was out for a week in bed mostly! Not fun! Our neighbors/babysitters had their homecoming game and Rachel got Princess! We went last year and her sister Leah got princess! This is Ellie's highlight of October. She is in her element at these games. We sit next to the band, we are down in front near the cheerleaders and she dances to every song that is played! Fireworks are set off after we score a touchdown and we scored a few so that was fun! I found James pumpin' some iron on Jacob's push up bars. It was so cute! He really had good form and was trying to be like "Dad"! When do your kids stop trying to be like you? Oh how I wish I could freeze the twins age right now. I hope they keep their innocence and love for us forever! Love this time of year and we are off to the pumpkin patch tonight! Loved having my parents and Jay in town. I miss them!! Ellie has been telling her class that she is moving to the beach after Christmas...hmm that would be nice! Someday:) I gave my little brother a pep talk about "giving mom and dad a break" I asked him if he wanted to live at home for the rest of his life and he said, "No way!" He is progressing with something every time I see him. I just wish he could be all better today! So, in our culture patience is truly a virtue because we all want it "now" and for Jason his now is going to come... just not "now".

3 comments:

Unknown said...

We had a wonderful "first roadtrip" with Jason! Your family is the best and as Jay said you and Jacob are a match made in Heaven! Thanks for being the "best" sister support to Jay-he respects you so much and really listens to you! Love to all--I miss the kids and yes-someday Ellie I hope you live at the beach near us!!! Love Grandma/Mom

Unknown said...

Hey you music on this Blog is what we listen to every morning!!! Thanks!

Aaron Smith said...

I miss you guys tons. The boys and Ellie look so big. Tell them to stop all that growing~

Love you~

Sarah