Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Rain, Rain and more Rain!



Ok sorry Aunt Penni but I don't think I could live in Oregon! All this rain we have been having has only been a few days and I am needing a break. It is dark, cold and the kids are wanting to go on a bike ride right now! I would totally take them on one but it is coming down pretty good today. So I let the twins play in it and of course they had fun and then came in soaked and wanted hot chocolate and new clothes. The twins are now 3 1/2 and are slightly driving me a little crazy. They were good, now not so much. Why is it that they are angels when you are not trying to get anything done? The minute I start to do something, the whine, crying, and fighting begins!! Guess our kids just want our attention but so does my house and laundry! Ok so I think life will be better when it is spring. I love that time of year and it is the beginning of birthdays and almost summer! As for the shot of Ellie, any former Rising Star gymnasts reading this post will recognize the leotard!! It is my old one!! Yes, my mom kept some of my old stuff and now Ellie has a sack full. Not only has she worn this leotard to gymnastics but she also has been wearing my old sweatshirt that says, "Rising Star gymnastics Carmel CA" with my name APRIL down the sleeve to school. She says she never takes it off at school and it is her favorite sweatshirt. Really?! I mean I guess I am really cool to her right now. She tells everyone it is my old stuff and she looks so cute in it! Confident shall we say?! I am glad she is so proud of her mom's old stuff . I have a pic of me on my living room floor doing the splits just like Ellie. I need to find it mom and then post it with this one!

7 comments:

Fisher Family said...

Seriously, your kids are so cute. I can't get over how big they all look! We are getting soaked down here as well. As sad as it sounds it is kind of a nice change for a few days, but I am ready for the sunshine again!

Zac and Kaylan said...

Oh April, don't bother to live anywhere they have seasons! It stinks being stuck inside all the time. Haley asks me if she can take her tricycle outside and I tell her it is only 28 degrees outside, no way! I swear Haley goes through phases when she is testing me. I try to stay diligent and consistent with discipline and then she shapes back up. For two very active boys I am sure they are just dying to get outside without the rain. Hang in there! You are closer to spring than me! Everyone was outside on Saturday in my neighborhood b/c it was a balmy 49 degrees!

Zac and Kaylan said...

When I saw the picture of Ellie I did think of that picture where you are doing the splits on your living room floor! She totally looks like you April! What a beauty! I think it is great that she wants to be like her mommy! Now if they would just say that when they are teenagers ;)

Unknown said...

Wow--brings back memories of you April-seeing Ellie in your leotard!
And--those boys playing in the rain are too cute! Nice boots! ha
You are a great Mom and no wonder Ellie wants to be like you! And your boys "adore" you! Come visit us soon!! Love you Mom!

kelly said...

That is so cute! I myself am loving the rain though. Question, Is that comment from Fisher Family from Lindsey???!

April said...

Yes that is Lindsey who used to be in our ward! She is prego too! Check out her blog!

Jaime said...

Hey, I saw you on Tom Bristol's facebook friends list. Funny--he's Linnea's teacher. How do you know him?